God doesn't just have something to say to us as adults in this week or prayer... He has something He wants to say to our children too!
👐 Family Prayer Fun 👐
Why not take some time each day this week, as a family, to talk to God and hear what God has to say.
Maybe you could even give your children the choice to take some time out from normal activities each day e.g. cut digital time short // making different choices.. instead of juice have water // no sweeties for a week! We want our children to make the choice to fast to focus on God, asking for His help and giving time to hear what He has to say to them. As when we fast and pray things happen!!
Today's Activity: Fire Bin
Our forth finger prayer is saying sorry to God. When we come to God and say sorry for what we've done wrong God forgives us and then our wrong doing is gone. God has forgotten it and the slate is clean!
1) Get papers/pens and a worship song from YouTube.
2) Sit round a table or on sofas and privately think about anything you want to say sorry for and write it down on the paper.
3) Get a bowl of water/ matches and go outside.
4) Adults set a piece of paper, one at a time, on fire and then drop the residue into the bowl. As a family talk about how incredible our God is, that when we say sorry, our sins are wiped clean and God keeps no record of our wrong doing. That is how much he loves us.
5) Pray together, saying sorry for doing wrong, and praise together that Jesus died on the cross to take away our sins!!!
🤹 TODAY'S Story Time 🤹
You've heard of Cbeebies story time... For our week of prayer we are doing a 📖 story time 📖 every evening which links to the prayer activity you have been doing with your family!
This evening's story is on Jesus' mission on earth!!
So get everyone together, sit back, relax and enjoy the story... and why not pray together at the end? 🙏