God doesn't just have something to say to us as adults in this week or prayer... He has something He wants to say to our children too!
👐 Family Prayer Fun 👐
Why not take some time each day this week, as a family, to talk to God and hear what God has to say.
Maybe you could even give your children the choice to take some time out from normal activities each day e.g. cut digital time short // making different choices.. instead of juice have water // no sweeties for a week! We want our children to make the choice to fast to focus on God, asking for His help and giving time to hear what He has to say to them. As when we fast and pray things happen!!
Today's Activity: Treasure Hunt
When we talk to God a great way to start is by SHOUTING OUT the names of our Great God and what He has done, so we can remember and declare who it is that we are bringing our prayers too.
1) Parents/carers pour boiling water into a bowel with a few tea bags, leave to brew for 10/15mins.
2) Whilst the tea is brewing go on a treasure hunt searching for things outside your house that can help describe characteristics of God.
3) Collect these items and bring them back into your home.
4) Brush the tea bags across paper to make a tea stained effect.
5) Listen to songs describing who God is e.g. https://youtu.be/jOGbd5CVlP4 while you make your collage of your chosen characteristics of God.
6) Once the tea has dried write God characteristics onto the paper and place above your collages.
7) Pray together as a family declaring how Great, big, awesome God is!
🤹 TODAY'S Story Time 🤹
You've heard of Cbeebies story time... For our week of prayer we are doing a 📖 story time 📖 every evening which links to the prayer activity you have been doing with your family!
This evening's story is on how GREAT is our God.
So get everyone together, sit back, relax and enjoy the story... and why not pray together at the end? 🙏